“A family of schools working together to provide an excellent education at the heart of our community”
The Cavendish Learning Trust based in North Derbyshire, was formed in July 2016. On September 1st 2016 we became 4 schools – 1 secondary, Netherthorpe and 3 primary; Barrow Hill , Poolsbrook and Whitecotes.
All our schools are linked by a common desire – for local schools to help or be helped by local schools. Our ethos is to retain each school’s unique identity, imposing best practice systems and process where schools are failing.
Our approach is founded on effective partnership working – joining our schools, children, parents and communities.
Our provision for pupils and parents
All Cavendish Learning Trust academy schools will offer;
- Delivery of the highest quality education at the heart of our communities for the benefit of children and young people of North Derbyshire and surrounding areas
- Every pupil feeling safe, respected, known and fully supported
- Every pupil becoming a successful and confident learner, motivated to acquire the skills and knowledge ready to become a responsible and employable citizen in the future
- A family of schools that work closely together, helping and challenging each other to continually improMaking memorable learning experiences for pupils both in & out of the classroom to raise aspirations, broaden horizons ,nurture talent & developing the whole person
- A welcoming, open and transparent experience for all visitors
- Professional development opportunities for all staff at every stage of their development to grow our own exceptional support staff, teachers and leaders
- Proactive leadership within the organisation who recognise their financial responsibilities and use public funds effectively at all times.
CLT is founded on strong local partnerships.
Every academy is non –selective and our admissions are co-ordinated by Derbyshire County Council.
We work closely alongside the Department for Education
We value our excellent working relationships with Trade Unions
Cavendish Learning Trust website: https://www.clt.org.uk